This guide assumes you have downloaded the Xcode 7 outside of the Appstore, from other sources. OSX always need updated systems for their SDK’s to work out of the box.
This guide simplifies the process of faking the osx version and thus bypassing the update verification process. Osx version can be faked by modifying a system plist file. And finally, we can run Xcode without running any updates for the system.
You need administrator privileges to do this.
We are not responsible for the consequences caused by modifying the system file.
- Navigate to root of your osx disk.
- Now find /System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist
- Make a copy of this file into the desktop. This is because we cant edit .plist files in the protected ares of the system.
- Now open the file from desktop using any plist editor.
- Inside the file you can see several strings of data, find the <key> ProductUserVisibleVersion and change its value to the osx version of your choice.
- Next find <key> ProductVersion and change its value too.
- Save the changes that you have made to the file.
- Finally replace the original SystemVersion.plist at /System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist with the modified file in your desktop.
- Osx will ask you for administrator privilleges enter your password and hit enter.
- Now reboot your mac. Yureka you have spoofed your update requirment and now xcode can be installed.