The first thing you need to know is making R C car(remote controlled cars) is not tough as all think. All that we need is a bit of patience and interest. There are many websites on the internet that shows many details on making a RC car but a beginner can only stare at them. After lots of googling once found a fairly amateur standard RC car making tutorial at Zhagdoo – really something motivational for beginners.
After trying out that article many new ideas broke in my mind, and started a long research which really lasted for months. Finally, this is what I conclude from my research I’m keeping all it arrayed here in this article. But before proceeding I really recommend you to have a look at some of the basics of radio communication, DPDT switches and some wiring, soldering and such electronics stuff, remember Google is your friend.
The first part we need is an old or new toy car-case two dc motors and a DPDT switch.The motors must be connected to the two front wheels.here we use a differential steering(driving) system which is easy to build and is more systematic.
The motors must be connected to the two front wheels.here we use a differential steering(driving) system which is easy to build and is more systematic.
- In differential drive system we mount one motor with the right wheel in front and another motor with the left wheel in front.
- When both the motors are rotated in forwarding direction the car moves forward.
- When both the motors are moved in the reverse direction, the car moves backward.
- If we rotate the right motor in forward direction and left motor in backward direction a torque is produced in anti-clockwise direction and the car turns to left.
- Similarly, if left motor is turned in forward direction and right motor in reverse direction the torque is produced in a clockwise direction and car turns to the right.
- This is all about differential drive. With differential drive we can rotate our RC car(robot) by 360 degree at a single point”
A DC motor will turn clockwise if the DC supply is given according to the polarity and, if we change the polarity the motor will turn anti-clockwise here we use this ability of the motor to construct a differential driving system.
The polarity can be changed using H-bridge circuit.
An H-Bridge circuit can be made using four SPST (Single Polarity Single Toggle) switch or one DPDT (Dual Polarity Dual Toggle) switch or using BJTs (Bi-Polar Junction Transistor). The easiest way is to use DPDT switch.
The connections of the motor must be given directly to the DPDT switch. We can use two 9v battery for the motors – the DPDT switch will be held to make it wireless or radio controlled, a receiver circuit must be placed inside the RC car to accept the signals from a remote control and operate our motors accordingly, by giving away signals to the H bridge circuit.
The construction of a radio receiver and emitter costs are fairly high when compared to the kits that are available in the market. The construction of the same has a very low accuracy rate. Here are some radio receiver kits that are very cheap.